Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Supporting Small Businesses


Supporting Small Businesses


Name of owner and small business.

- Brooke Perkins/ Polka Dot Baby Tots

How long have you owned your business?

- Since Sept 2012 (In 2010 I originally opened but at that time it was called Butterfly Kisses Creations)


What was the inspiration for opening your business?

-My kids and my love for crocheting. I love handmade goods and I wanted to share my talent with others.


Describe your business and your goal.

-All items are handmade by me and me alone. I put love and care into every stitch and take my time to make your item to the best of my ability. A goal of mine is for every household in America to have a PDBT Creation J



What is the best/hardest part about having your own business?

-Best part: I make my own hours and love seeing the smile on customers faces.

Worst part: I can’t crochet as fast as my mind works!



Do you take custom orders? If so, what is your normal turn around time?

- Yes I do. Everything I make is custom made to order. Almost all the creations in my shop are first time tries that were a customer request. So if you can think it up, I can probably make it, and if not I don’t hesitate to tell you. I won’t make a promise I can’t keep.

I tell customers my turn around time is 2-6wks just to cover myself because I am in nursing school and I have 3 kids at home. My husband is in the military so sometimes he’s not at home.



What is the best way for customers to contact you?

-The best way to contact me is through email polka_dot_tots@yahoo.com or through my Facebook page www.facebook.com/polkadotbabytots. You can leave me a comment on my wall or message me privately.


How long does it take you to respond to emails?

-I respond almost immediately. Everything comes to my phone if I’m not near my computer, and if I am near my computer, it stays open all day and I randomly refresh the page(s)


Do you have a staff?

-No I do not. It’s me and only  me and that’s probably a good thing as I am a little bit of a perfectionist. Plus I want every PDBT customer to know that I, the owner of PDBT, handmade their creation.


Do you support or sponsor any events or charities?

-I try to support and/or sponsor a cause of some type as often as I can, even if it’s not a ‘nationally known cause’. I have done a raffle to help raise money to find a cure for Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). I’ve also participated in auctions to help raise money for families in need.

Some of her creations! I have some of her hats and i love it! the quality is amazing!









No comments:

Post a Comment